Please be vigilant.
York University has been informed by Toronto Police Service of two sexual assaults that happened on Nov. 18 and 27 close to the Keele campus near the intersection of Sentinel Road and Murray Ross Parkway. This area is just south of the campus, and one where many students live.
For further details please refer to the Toronto Police Service information Web site: www.torontopolice.on.ca
Should you have any information with respect to these incidents you are asked to contact Toronto Police Service directly at 416-808-7474 (Detective Doug Sansom, Badge #4660).
Toronto police have heightened their presence on and near campus and York is assisting police with their investigation. York has also:
- added additional patrols on campus
- expanded the goSAFE service to drop off community members at requested points along the goSAFE routes
- been participating in the Community Outreach Program
- York Security Services responds to all community calls for service and can be contacted directly at 416-736-5333.
York University provides the following campus security services:
- 24/7/365 campus security patrols
- goSAFE transportation service
- Escort – foot patrols
- 24/7/365 monitored CCTV coverage
- Network of emergency “Blue Light” telephones
Please refer to the York Security Web site for more information or further updates: yorku.ca/security.