The Career Centre is hosting the first annual Career Expo 2006 on Thursday, Sept. 28, from 10am to 4:15pm in the Student Centre. From high-profile speakers to employers who want to hire York grads, Career Expo 2006 will give students and new grads the skills to reach their career destination.
During Career Expo 2006 students and new grads will be able to participate in a number of activities designed to help them gain a better understanding of where and how jobs are found, and teach them effective job search strategies to find work in their field. Highlights of Career Expo 2006 include:
- A keynote presentation by Mark Swartz, author of the best seller, Get Wired, You’re Hired. The first 50 attendees will receive a free copy of his book. York’s Alumni Office is sponsoring this speaker.
- An employer exhibition featuring many of Canada’s top employers.
- A variety of workshops on topics ranging from “What Careers “Fit” Your Personality?” to “Strategies for Breaking the No Experience/No Job – No Job/ No Experience Cycle”.
- Career exploration chats with professionals in targeted fields.
- A closing keynote presentation by York alumnus Shawn Shepheard on tapping into the hidden job market.
Visit the Career Expo 2006 Web site for more information and to register online. You can also drop by the Career Expo 2006 Visitor’s Centre located outside the doors to The Underground on Thursday, Sept. 28, and pick up a program of the day’s events.