Here’s a challenge to everyone on York’s Keele campus.
York’s Facilities Services and Security, Parking & Transportation Services have big plans to make the Keele campus shine. Both departments have put together teams and they are rolling up their sleeves to pick up litter on York’s Keele campus. The teams have issued a challenge to other departments and faculties come out and do their bit in today’s 20-minute makeover.
The cleanup is part of the City of Toronto’s 20-minute makeover and York University will be taking part in the event. The concept is simple: Come outside and do a 20-minute cleanup blitz around your workplace area.
Join with co-workers and classmates today at 2pm and help spruce up the Keele campus. York staff, faculty and students already do a good job in limiting litter, but an extra push is needed to give York a fresh look.
“We will be doing our best to clean up around York’s three parking garages,” said Peter Costabir, operations manager, Parking & Transportation Services. “We have a team of 20 who are going to get out and do a clean up. I encourage others to get out and enjoy the sunshine.”
Facilities Services is taking their effort one step further and plan to start their day at 7am with a makeover. “We challenge you to catch up,” said Val Larivera, supervisor, grounds, Facilities Services. “Come on out and make our campus shine!”
Facilities Services has plenty of gloves and garbage bags for anyone who wants to participate in the 20-minute makeover. To obtain supplies, contact Larivera at ext. 77258 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing (boots, gloves etc.).
- Wear a hat or sunscreen if necessary.
- Pick up litter in your gloved hand and carry the trash bag in the other.
- Do not pick up strange articles that may be dangerous. Don’t pick up anything that looks sharp (i.e. used needles).
- Do not take any risks attempting to reach litter in hard-to-get-to places (up a tree, down a steep incline, in rapidly flowing water, on slippery surfaces etc.).