York University’s film students will premiere their new productions in The Finish Line — the annual year-end screenings — combining digital video and computer-generated effects with more traditional 16mm and Super 8 film.
The screenings run between April 10 and May 3, at 7pm, in Accolade East Cinema (ACE102). The films run the gamut of themes and genres. Admission is free.
Upcoming screenings are:
- April 10 & 11: first-year productions
- April 18 & 19: second-year BFA productions
- April 20: second-year BA productions
- April 24-26: third-year fiction, documentary and alternative
- May 1-3: fourth-year fiction, documentary and alternative
The new Accolade cinema is a cutting-edge, 500-seat facility with a 40-foot wide screen and 19-speaker Dolby Digital Surround Sound audio system. Equipped for projection in formats ranging from video to cinema-quality digital, it boasts one of only a handful of DLP Christie Digital projectors in the Greater Toronto Area. The cinema also doubles as a fully wired ‘smart’ lecture hall with a York-designed, custom-built multimedia system.
For more information, visit the Department of Film Web site.