What do you think of York’s college system? The Presidential Task Force to Revise the Keele Campus Colleges wants to know. It will hold a series of public forums to gather input from the York community. The forums will be held on:
- Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2-4pm, room 313, York University Student Centre
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 4:30-6:30pm, Renaissance, 001 Vanier College
- Monday, Feb. 6, 5-7pm, Paul Delaney Room, 320 Bethune College
- Wednesday, Feb. 8, 3-5pm, room 313, York University Student Centre
Members of the task force are interested in hearing from the York community on the topic of the colleges and in particular these questions:
- What are your thoughts on the Keele campus college system, the nature and type of programming they provide to engage you in university life, and the level of quality they add to student life?
- What do you think the mission, mandate and future role of York’s Keele campus colleges should be?
- How do you think the colleges should be organized to promote an accessible academic environment that provides social support and promotes connections with York that encourage retention and an ongoing relationship with the University after graduation?
- How should the colleges assist in the integration of academic and co-curricular facets of the graduate and undergraduate student experience?
The task force, chaired by Vice-President Students Robert J. Tiffin, has a broad membership that includes student, administration, faculty, college and alumni representatives. It is due to make a preliminary report to the president on Feb. 15 and a final report no later than April 1. “I’m looking forward to the forums to hear from members of the York community on what their thoughts are about the Keele campus colleges,” says Tiffin.
Given the limited time available and the number of people interested in addressing the task force, those who wish to speak at the forum are asked to RSVP to Ross McMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours in advance.
Anyone unable to attend any of the forums who would like to submit a comment to the task force can do so to email@example.com.
Further information, including the terms of reference for the task force, may be found on the task force Web page.