A recently completed public consultation involving York University, the City of Toronto and the Toronto Transit Commission has confirmed a preferred alignment for the Spadina Subway expansion into York Region. The University is preparing plans to manage the opportunities afforded by the three subway stops that are proposed on or near the campus.
York University Development Corporation (YUDC) together with the City of Toronto are hosting a special information session to highlight the exciting planning initiatives underway on York’s Keele campus. The event, which will take place on Wednesday, Feb. 8, includes an open house from 2 to 3:30pm in the Bear Pit, located in Central Square on the Keele campus. The open house will be followed by a presentation on planning initiatives at 4pm in the Research & Innovation Board Room located in 280 York Lanes. Officials from YUDC and the city will be available at both events to answer questions.
The open house and information session offer an opportunity to learn more about the planning and other initiatives underway on the Keele campus, including:
- York University Secondary Plan Update;
- the extension of the Spadina Subway to York Region;
- plans for bus lanes from Downsview Station to York University;
- development of the Village at York University;
- storm water management improvements to Stong Pond and the Arboretum;
- upgrading of The Pond Road; and
- the proposed mixed-use development on the southeast corner of The Pond Road and Sentinel Road.
For more information and to confirm your attendance at the 4pm presentation, contact Chris Wong, director, master planning & campus development, YUDC at ext. 55375 or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.