York University’s 2005 United Way Campaign is nearing the end of the official campaign. “To date, we’ve raised over $100,000 via pledge card donations and special events,” says Sue Levesque, community relations officer and this year’s employee campaign chair. “The work continues and we hope that if you have yet to return your pledge card that you consider doing so. Your donations make such a difference.”
Pledge cards from York employees received on or before Friday, Nov. 18, were included in an Early Bird Draw for a variety of prizes. The Early Bird Draw winners are:
- James Rives, coordinator, Classical Studies Program, Faculty of Arts
- Phyllis Lepore Babcok, executive officer research, Office of the VP Research & Innovation
- Judy Horwood, coordinator administrative support services, Office of the VP Finance & Administration
The York University Campaign Committee thanks the following merchants for their support of this year’s United Way Campaign:
- Petal Foods (Michaelangelo’s)
- The Grad Lounge
- Blueberry Hill
- Tim Horton’s/Amarak
- Banrok Wines/ Churchill Cellars
Members of the York community looking to support the United Way Campaign, should plan to participate in the following events. Today’s events include:
- Osgoode Hall Law School Bake Sale – 10am to 2pm in the Osgoode Foyer.
- Atkinson Holiday Bazaar – 11:30am to 2:30pm in the Harry Crowe Room, 109 Atkinson Bldg. Sale organizers boast a fabulous array of arts and crafts, holiday items and baked goods!
- Until Friday, Osgoode Hall Law School is running a 50/50 contest. Tickets are on sale all week from 11am to 2pm in the Osgoode Foyer. The contest winner will be selected Friday, Nov. 25, at 1:30pm.
Next week, York’s Parking and Transportation Services is hosting a bake sale on Nov. 30. The sale will take place from 10am to 3pm, in Room 117, William Small Centre.
The United Way funds over 200 agencies in the Greater Toronto Area and provides a stable source of funding for a range of services and programming. For more about the work performed by the United Way group of agencies, visit the United Way of Greater Toronto Web site. For more information on York’s United Way Campaign , call Sue Levesque at ext. 55597.