York’s 2004 United Way Campaign is off to a flippin’ good start. Come out to the annual pancake-eating frenzy tomorrow from 8:30 to 9:45am, in the Central Square cafeteria. Catch York’s President & Vice-Chancellor Lorna R. Marsden and other senior administrators as they flip pancakes to raise funds to support the United Way of Greater Toronto.
The pancake breakfast, at a modest cost of $2, will launch the University’s campaign, which runs from Nov. 1 to 26. The campaign’s goal is raise $185,000 for the charity. Get involved in the spirit and help support this worthwhile cause.
Many other United Way events are planned, including:
- Oct. 29 – Spook Yum Bake Sale (Printing Services – Central Square);
- Nov 1-5 – “Cup-A-Soup” (Central Square);
- Nov. 4 – 1st Annual Car Wash (Facilities Services – Lot 1, East End);
- Nov. 25 – Holiday Bazaar (Atkinson Faculty of Liberal & Professional Studies – York Lanes);
- Date To Be Confirmed – Garage Sale (York Apartments).
Keep watching YFile for details on these and other events. For additional campaign information, contact Danielle Chateau, community relations officer at ext. 55597, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit York University’s United Way Web site.