Mark your calendars for May 25. That’s the day York’s 2004 staff and faculty golf tournament will take place at the Cardinal Golf Club, located at 2740 Highway 9 in Kettleby, just outside of Newmarket.
Organizers promise that this year’s tournament will be the biggest and the best. There will be a maximum of 100 golfers accepted in the tournament and the deadline for registration is May 17. Cost of the tournament is $100, which includes golf, a cart, dinner and prizes. Tee-off times are between 11am and 12:30pm. Requests will be taken but will be on a first pay, first serve basis.
Payment (cheque or cash) must be received no later than May 17. Payment can be dropped off with Mike Broderick at the Tait McKenzie Centre, room 302. Cheques should be payable to “York Golf Committee”. Guests are welcome (one guest per York staff or faculty member). For more information click here or call ext. 77222.
Special points to remember
- Participants must obtain approval from their department head to treat the time off as a vacation day or to work comparable overtime.
- Presentation of prizes will take place after dinner. Prizes will be awarded only to those who qualify and remain for the evening’s activities. Contributions to the prize table are needed and welcomed. A healthy prize table is usually the result of a full community effort.
- The tournament will be a scramble format. The winning team will be the best scramble team. Players may play their own ball; however, there will be no additional prizes for the winning male and female. Please try to put in teams from your department.
- Prizes will also be awarded for the best dressed foursome!
- The white tee rating and slope is 70.2/119 and the red tee rating and slope is 68.5/115.
From Highway 400, take the Highway 9 (Newmarket) cutoff. Go east on Highway 9. Between Jane St. and Keele St., Cardinal Golf Club is located on the left or north side of Highway 9.