During the holiday break while the University is closed, CNS will be upgrading the network components and the central administrative file storage. This upgrade will cause disruptions in service and York faculty and staff are advised to make note of the following dates:
Sunday, Dec. 28 from 5pm to Sunday, Jan. 4
- All SIS and Peoplesoft (HR, Finance and ADS) applications will be unavailable.
Wednesday, Dec. 24, from 8:30am to 5pm
- Network upgrades will result in several brief Internet service interruptions.
Sunday, Dec. 28, from 8:30am to 6pm
- Wireless (Airyork) service upgrades. There will be intermittent brief outages to the Airyork service.
Monday, Dec. 29, from 7:30am to Tuesday, Dec. 30, 8pm
- Core network upgrades and improvements to network routing will result in intermittent outages impacting all York network traffic and Internet access. In order to safeguard against system corruption, all e-mail services, Phoenix, anonymous FTP and WebCT functions will be unavailable during this time. All e-mail will queue during the outage. It will be delivered when the systems resume operation.
The York Web will be in service but publishing and updates to the York Web site will be unavailable.
Saturday, Jan. 3, from 8am to 6pm
- The administrative filer cluster behind the firewall will be out of service for hardware upgrades. This outage will affect all applications that use this filer for data storage and Passport York authentication for applications such as Wireless, CEO, Yorknet, VPN, Classlist, etc.
Status information will be posted on the CNS Web site and on the CNS Help Desk phone line (416) 736-5800.