Above: VP Research & Innovation Stan Shapson and President & Vice-Chancellor Lorna R. Marsden flipping for a previous York United Way Campaign
York’s 2003 United Way Campaign team is kicking off this year’s drive by going flipping crazy. And they want you to join them.
Come out to the annual pancake-eating frenzy on Wednesday, Nov. 5 from 8 to 9:30am in Central Square cafeteria, where you will have a chance to see organizers, along with President Lorna R. Marsden and other senior administrators, “Serve It Up For Charity” as they flip pancakes.
The pancake breakfast, at a modest cost of $2, will launch the University’s campaign, which runs from Wednesday, Nov. 5 to Thursday, Nov. 27, with a goal of raising $180,000 for charity. Get involved in the spirit and help support this worthwhile cause.
Many other special United Way events have been planned around the Keele and Glendon campuses, including the following:
- Oct. 31 – Halloween Café (Glendon College, C202)
- Nov. 10-14 – Book Sale (Glendon College)
- Nov. 12 – InStyle Fashion Show and PEPSI Sampling (York Lanes)
- Nov. 19 – Early Bird Draw*
- Nov. 20 – Atkinson Bazaar & Bake Sale (Atkinson Faculty of Liberal & Professional Studies)
- Nov. 26 – Bake Sale (Registrar’s Office, West Office Building)
- Date to be Confirmed – Cup-O-Soup
*Faculty & Staff – Return your pledge cards, which will be distributed shortly, by Nov. 19 and enter to win some great prizes at the Early Bird Draw. The list of prizes will be announced at a later date.
Keep watching YFile for further details. For additional campaign information or to volunteer, contact Danielle Chateau, campaign chair, ext. 55597, #105 – 4 Assiniboine Road, firstname.lastname@example.org.