Campaign Goal: $175,000
Total to Date:$157,000
Nancy Accinelli, 2002 York United Way Campaign Chair, sends the following report.
As of Dec. 10, the 2002 York United Way Campaign had reached almost 90 per cent of its goal, with 407 donors. Donations continue to arrive daily. If you haven”t yet made your donation and wish to help lift our total over the top, it is not too late to have your contribution count!
A thank-you lunch last week celebrated the work of 85 volunteers for the York United Way Campaign, who received door prizes donated by the businesses and services at York Lanes. There were also special prizes for donors, and the draw for these prizes was held on Monday, Dec. 9.
The five winners of prizes for donors in the period from Nov. 5 to Dec. 6 are as follows:
- Four lunches at The Underground, donated by the Student Centre: Susan Currie, Office of Student Financial Services
- Basic Fitness Membership with Recreation York: Tom Cohen, Department of History
- Wash, Cut and Style at Kliks Salon in York Lanes: Pieter Medendorp, Department of Psychology
- Massage Therapy Treatment at York Lanes Health Centre: Neal Stephenson, Development Services, CNS
- KOSS AM/FM clock radio with CD player, donated by Data Integrity: Domenico Mazzeo, International Studies Program, Glendon College
Our thanks to those who provided these wonderful prizes. Please see the full list of prize donors on the Web page, http://studentaffairs.yorku.ca/uwc/index.htm.
There”s still time to give: Give to make a strong community!