Reminder: Community Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals, Jan. 13
The President’s Sustainability Council in partnership with the Office of the Provost, will be hosting a Community Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In the summer of 2020, York adopted a new University Academic Plan (UAP) 2020-2025 Building a Better Future. The new UAP includes a University-Wide Challenge to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Several Faculty Councils and other committees have begun thinking about what this means in relation to our academic priorities, and how taking up the challenge could advance them. On Jan. 13, a meeting will serve as an initial opportunity for a University-wide conversation, to ask questions and make suggestions, and to inform further community engagement efforts.
All interested students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend this community forum, and to send any questions they have in advance of the event to email@example.com.
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 13
Time: 1 to 2:30 p.m.
The panel members are:
- Ravi de Costa, Chair, President’s Sustainability Council
- Javeria Mirza, president’s ambassador, graduate student in LA&PS
- Nicole Arsenault, program director, Sustainability
- Rhonda Lenton, president and vice-chancellor
- Lisa Philipps, vice-president Academic and Provost
- Will Gage, associate vice-president, Teaching & Learning
- Charles Hopkins, UNESCO Chair in Reorienting Education towards Sustainability
- Andrew Maxwell, professor, Lassonde School of Engineering
- Others TBC