Though the year is quickly coming to a close, there is still time to join the hundreds of faculty, staff and retirees who have already made their 2020 donation.
This has been a challenging year and donors have made a tremendous impact on our resilience as a community. When York University students needed us most as they faced unexpected financial need with the emergence of the global pandemic earlier this year, donors quickly responded with donations of almost $500,000. We continue to seek support to ensure students can focus on their studies in these trying times.
Advancement staff are preparing for a well-deserved break over the holidays. The office will be closed from Thursday, Dec. 24, 2020 to Wednesday, Jan. 6, 2021. While the office is closed, you can make your donation in two ways:
- By visiting our online donation page
- By telephone at 416-650-8210
To ensure you receive a 2020 tax receipt for your donation, take note of the following requirements:
- Donations must be received on or before Dec. 31 with the cheque or credit card authorization dated Dec. 31, or earlier. This includes donations made online and by telephone.
- Mailed donations can be received in January 2021 but must have a valid postmark of Dec. 31, 2020 or earlier.
- Cheques must be made payable to York University.
Note to faculty and staff receiving donations in their departments:
Forward any gifts received in your departments to Advancement Services (located at the West Office Building on York’s Keele Campus) by noon on Wednesday, Dec. 23 to ensure timely processing and receipting. If you are expecting a credit card donation over the closure period, please direct the donor to the online donation page.
To have a receipt for 2020, all cheques must be accompanied with the original envelope.
Thank you to all of you who have already chosen to create impact at York University this year. Happy Holidays from the York University Division of Advancement.