Do you know a York student actively engaged in governance life, whose efforts and contributions are making a difference at the University? The Robert Everett Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance Award recognizes and celebrates these students and their impact on governance at York University. Established in 2018, this award is named in honour of Robert Everett, a distinguished Senior Assistant Secretary of the University, who made extraordinary contributions supporting University governance for nearly three decades.
All members of the University community are encouraged to submit nominations for this award; self-nominations are not permitted. Nominees must be full-time undergraduate or graduate students with an active registration in a University program who have:
- actively and constructively participated in University governance at the Senate, Board of Governors and / or Faculty Council levels;
- embodied a strong spirit of collegiality, inclusiveness and commitment in their approach to governance;
- exhibited leadership in performing the duties of their role; and
- made meaningful contributions to governance as a student.
Recipients will be honoured at the annual Student Awards reception hosted by the Division of Students and receive both a framed certificate and recognition on a plaque.
Nomination packages must include:
- A completed nomination form
- one to two-page nomination letter that speaks to:
- the nominee’s willingness to assume leadership in governance activities;
- the amount of effort expended, particularly that beyond normal expectations of the role;
- the quality of effort made (intensity, extensiveness, complexity);
- the impact made, attributable to the nominee’s efforts;
- the collegial and inclusive approach taken in collaborations; and
- the commitment taken to foster student perspectives to help shape University decisions.
- Up to three additional reference letters (no more than two pages each) should be included in the package, and at least one of the letters must be from a current York University student.
The nomination package deadline is Friday, March 13. Submissions must be completed online: https://univsec.apps01.yorku.ca/forms/view.php?id=15763
Questions related to The Robert Everett Exceptional Leadership in Student Governance Award, may be forwarded to the University Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the award can be found on the Secretariat website at: https://secretariat.info.yorku.ca/the-robert-everett-exceptional-leadership-in-student-governance-award/.