Before things get colder, snowier, even icy, here’s what you can do to avoid slips and falls on campus:
- Check the weather – give yourself extra time when snow or freezing rain has occurred or is expected.
- Stay on pedestrian walkways.
- Wear footwear designed for winter, with non-slip soles.
- Exercise caution when getting in and out of vehicles.
- Watch for wet or slippery floors when entering and exiting buildings.
- Take smaller and more frequent steps when walking on icy surfaces to maximize contact between the feet and the walking surface.
- Use backpacks or bags that keep arms free to move for stabilization if you have to carry items.
If you notice an area that needs maintenance, contact CSBO Maintenance Customer Service at ext. 22401.
Submitted by the Community Safety Department and Health, Safety & Employee Well-Being