The newest issue of the Journal of Motherhood Initiative dives deep into mothers and their history.
This special issue on Mothers and History features 19 articles, 13 book reviews and a poetry folio featuring the work of Beth Ann Fennelly.
- Finding maternal histories;
- Honouring indigenous maternal histories;
- Mothers’ rights are human rights: Reflections on activism and history;
- Vera Brittain, maternal work and the politics of leaning in;
- Medicalization of motherhood;
- Mothers’ messages about gender to their children;
- Unwed mothers in medieval England;
- Historicizing the evangelical maternal ethos and religious mother-work; and
- The Mothers Club of Cambridge, 1878-1904.
For more information, visit the Motherhood Initiative website.