To accommodate urgent repairs to the Keele campus steam condensate system, there will be a campus-wide steam shutdown from 7am to 1pm on Sunday, Jan. 12.
The above freezing weather provides a low-risk window, avoiding a possible unplanned winter outage with much less favourable temperatures.
The following buildings will experience an additional two-hour shutdown from 1 to 3pm on Sunday, Jan. 12:
- 320, 340, 360 and 380 Assiniboine Road;
- Passy Garden, 2-18 Passy Crescent;
- Health, Nursing & Environmental Studies Building (HNES); and
- Ignat Kaneff Building, Osgoode Hall Law School.
During the outage:
- there will be no steam for sterilization;
- buildings supplied with flash units will not have any domestic hot water available;
- buildings with domestic hot water tanks will retain some residual heat for a short time;
- building comfort impact should be minimal;
- domestic cold water will not be impacted; and
- CSBO Maintenance has dedicated HVAC support to cover this period.
If you have any questions, contact Shawn Payne, assistant chief engineer, at ext. 55623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For any concerns during the interruption, contact Security at ext. 33333.