Submitting expense claims for employees who travel or incur business expenses is about to get a lot easier. Over the course of the next year, the Finance Department will lead the implementation of a new travel and expense reimbursement system that will improve the overall process for submitting employee expense claims, making it easier and faster to get reimbursed.
What are the benefits of the new system?
- Automation of the existing manual paper based process
- Faster and more convenient processing of claims
- Electronic routing and approval of claims
- Ability to track your claims throughout the approval process
- Accessible via the web 24/7, including access from your smart phone
- Improved compliance with York University and granting agency policies
- Automated calculation of currency conversions and mileage reporting
- Offers travel booking functionality that links directly into your expense report
- Automatically populates expense reports with purchases made on York University American Express Corporate Travel Card
Let’s Improve York Together!
Do you submit expense claims or book travel for yourself or on behalf of another employee? Do you review and/or approve someone else’s expense claims? If so, your experience with the travel and expense claim process is invaluable and we need your input. Please click here to complete a short survey that will help us better understand how you process claims and book travel today.
The success of this initiative depends on the participation of our faculty and staff during the implementation process. The Travel & Expense Implementation Team appreciates your continued support.