To complete the remediation work on Ian Macdonald Boulevard and to ensure that this work is performed in a safe and efficient manner, it will be necessary to close a portion of Ian Macdonald Boulevard from Thompson Road to Founders Road for one week, from Monday, April 29 to Monday, May 6. In case of delays due to weather, unexpected findings etc., it may be necessary to keep the road closed on May 6 and 7.
How will this impact the York community?
- TTC buses that normally travel this section of Ian Macdonald will be rerouted to the University Common, where alternative stops will be set up. Notices will be posted at all affected stops in advance of this initiative.
- Vehicular traffic will be redirected via Steeles Avenue East.
- Emergency vehicle access will be made available via Ottawa Road.
- Access to the parking lot of the West Office Building will be maintained.
- Pedestrian access will not be impacted by this closure.
Drivers and pedestrians should watch for and obey all signs and traffic control personnel when travelling in and around the construction area during this time.
Additional bulletins will be posted as the project continues if further restrictions or modifications to pedestrian and vehicle travel are required.
Questions or concerns regarding this initiative can be directed to Emilia Ladico at 416-736-2100 ext. 66499. Questions related to transportation can be directed to Janine Frost at 416 2100 ext. 22546.