More than 3,000 prospective students and their families visited campus on Nov. 17 for Fall Campus Day.
Building on the interest in York created at the Ontario Universities’ Fair (see YFile, Nov. 15, 2012), the day offered visitors more individual time with current students, staff and professors. Fall Campus Day was structured so that visitors had plenty of opportunities to ask questions about academic programs, admission requirements, student resources and campus life from the experts. Click here to view a gallery of images from the event.
This year’s event featured:
- admission sessions for high school, college/university transfer, mature and international applicants;
- York’s 11 Faculties showcasing their programs and thriving communities;
- the “this is my time” photo booth, which was unveiled at the Ontario Universities’ Fair;
- a chance to sample a York success story – a free cupcake from Pretty Sweet Cupcakes – owned by Savera Hashimi, a York Business & Society student; and
- at-capacity campus tours, athletic facility tours, faculty-specific tours and residence tours.
More than 200 enthusiastic student volunteers helped make the day a success. Some two dozen on-the-spot admissions to the University were made to future students.
The following day, the Glendon campus held a similarly successful open house.