Robert Haché, York’s vice-president research & innovation (VPRI), has announced the members of the Strategic Research Plan (SRP) Advisory Committee. The committee, chaired by Haché, is comprised of individuals from the University and community who will advise the VPRI throughout the strategic research plan consultation process in the development of a new Strategic Research Plan for 2013-2018.
“I am pleased to announce the members of the Strategic Research Plan Advisory Committee,” said Haché. “I am looking forward to working together with the members of the committee and the University community to develop a new strategic research plan that articulates our values and vision for York research and provides direction for accelerating strategic research planning initiatives across the University over the next several years.”
The committee has a mandate to advise the VPRI on all aspects of the consultation with the York Community and in the development of the plan, which will articulate a vision and aspiration for York research over the next five years. The goal is to provide the community with a draft reflecting the discussion near the end of 2012, with a final version going to the Senate of York University for approval in spring 2013.
The SRP Advisory Committee planning and consultation process is being facilitated by Gary Miller, an instructor in the MBA program at the Schulich School of Business, as well as at the Schulich Executive Education Centre, and Celia Haig-Brown, professor, Faculty of Education.
The advisory committee members include:
- Robert Haché, vice-president research & innovation, Chair of the SRP Advisory Committee
- Walter Tholen, associate vice-president research, vice-Chair of the SRP Advisory Committee
- Celia Haig-Brown, professor, Faculty of Education and Strategic Research facilitator of the SRP Advisory Committee.
- Thaddeus Hwong, professor, cross-appointed to the School of Administrative Studies and School of Public Policy & Administration.
- Mark Lievonen, member of York’s Board of Governors and president of Sanofi Pasteur Ltd.
- Doug Lindeblom, director of Economic Strategy & Tourism, Regional Municipality of York
- Rhonda Lenton, vice-provost
- Janine Marchessault, professor, Department of Film, Faculty of Fine Arts, and Canada Research Chair in Art, Digital Media & Globalization
- David Mutimer, professor, Department of Political Science, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS), director of York Centre for International & Security Studies and Chair, Academic Policy, Planning and Research Committee
- Laurie Wilcox, professor of psychology and biology, member of York’s Centre for Vision Research
- Danielle Zanotti, CEO, United Way of York Region, external member
- Joanna Pearce, PhD candidate, Department of History, LA&PS
- Martin Singer, dean, LA&PS
- Joan Steigerwald, professor, Department of Humanities, and the graduate programs in Science & Technology Studies, Humanities and Social & Political Thought.
- Jim Whiteway, Canada Research Chair in Space Engineering & Atmospheric Science and professor of Space Engineering in the Faculty of Science & Engineering.
- Georg Zoidl, professor, Department of Psychology, Faculty of Health and Department of Biology, Faculty of Science & Engineering and Canada Research Chair in Molecular & Cellular Neuroscience.
- A member from Glendon College is still being sought
Haché, in collaboration with the Strategic Research Plan Advisory Committee, invites all members of the University community to be an engaged part of a comprehensive consultation process that will help York University continue to move forward in research excellence and scholarship.
To share your thoughts on the Strategic Research Plan consultation process, click here.
To view committee member’s biographies, click here.