An eager throng of more than 3,200 future students, their families and friends visited York’s Keele campus for the annual Fall Campus Day on Saturday, Nov. 13. The event builds on the early interest in York University that was established at the Ontario Universities’ Fair (see YFile, Nov. 3). More than 220 student volunteers – the most to date – helped make the event a success.
Fall Campus Day provides future students with more “face time” with current students, staff and professors. The day is structured so that future students and their parents have many opportunities over the course of the day to ask questions about academic programs, admission requirements, student resources and campus life and receive detailed answers from the experts.
Fall Campus Day 2010 in pictures from York University on Vimeo.
This year’s event featured:
- admission sessions for high school, college/university transfer, mature, Aboriginal and international applicants;
- York’s 10 faculties showcasing their programs and thriving communities;
- an expanded Services Information Fair and greater college presence in the Faculty Zones;
- the York Career Café, offering visitors coffee and a time to talk to Career Centre staff;
- at-capacity campus bus tours, athletic facility tours, and campus and residence walking tours.
The following day, the Glendon campus held a similarly successful open house.