The York University Bookstore has made a number of changes to accommodate the purchase of textbooks during the fall rush.
- Hours have been extended for the fall rush and the main bookstore will stay open as late as 11pm on Sept. 9, 10, 14 and 15. To maintain a comfortable shopping environment, bookstore staff will continue to monitor traffic levels. Students are encouraged to come prepared with their book requirements by printing the listing available on the York University Bookstore Web site. The Web site also contains information on extended hours for September.
- Students can also shop online through the York University Bookstore Web site. As a special promotion, the bookstore will be offering free shipping on Web orders over $100, for destinations in Ontario. The free shipping offer is available from Aug. 24 to Sept. 6.
- York students living in residence on the Keele campus can shop online. Residence students will be able to pick up their orders from one of the three mailrooms in Complex I, II, or The Pond Road Residence. Check the York University Bookstore Web site for details and hours of operation.
- To reduce congestion at the bookstore in York Lanes, a separate satellite bookstore will open in 113 Vanier. The separate satellite location will be open Sept. 8 to 18. It will serve as a hub for buyback of used textbooks for all programs. All course materials will be located in the York University Bookstore.
- In an ongoing effort to enhance its services, the bookstore is offering a short online customer survey to get feedback for further improvements in service to the York University community. As well, the bookstore is holding a Win Your Books promotion, with a grand prize of 100 per cent of any single book purchase made through the bookstore. Visit the York University Bookstore Web site for details on the promotion.
- The bookstore will be giving away thousands of its reusable black bags to promote sustainability. Bags are available everyday for 99 cents. Although they are biodegradable, they seem to last forever. Bags will be given away with purchases over $100 for a limited time in September. Other prizes and giveaways will take place daily at the bookstore.
The York University Bookstore Web site provides course and book lists which can be printed from the Web site. Click on the textbooks link and follow the directions.
Students can also check the York University Bookstore Web site for information on the availability of textbooks, to find out more about the extended hours of operation and to learn more about the different promotions and author visits scheduled throughout the year.