Here’s a challenge to everyone on York’s Keele campus – clean up and make a difference. York’s Facilities Services has some big plans to make the Danby Woodlot on the Keele campus free of litter as part of the City of Toronto’s 20-Minute Makeover. Members of the York community are invited to come out to the Danby Woodlot (below) at 2pm tomorrow.
There you can join with co-workers and classmates to help spruce up the woodlot. York staff, faculty and students already do a good job in limiting litter, but an extra push is needed to give some areas of the campus a fresh look.
If you can’t make it to the Danby Woodlot, why not take 20 minutes to clean up around your building? Facilities Services has plenty of gloves and garbage bags for anyone who wants to participate in the 20-Minute Makeover. To obtain supplies, contact Tim Haagsma, manager, grounds & vehicles, Facilities Services, at ext. 20303, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wear appropriate and protective clothing (boots, gloves etc.).
- Wear a hat or sunscreen if necessary.
- Pick up litter in your gloved hand and carry the trash bag in the other.
- Do not pick up strange articles that may be dangerous. Don’t pick up anything that looks sharp (e.g. used needles).
- Do not take any risks attempting to reach litter in hard-to-get-to places (up a tree, down a steep incline, in rapidly flowing water, on slippery surfaces etc.)
For further information on the 20-Minute Makeover blitz, click here.