The York University United Way Campaign has raised $150,000 toward the final campaign goal of $190,000.
“We are 70 per cent of the way to achieving our goal,” said United Way Campaign Co-Chair, Danielle Chateau. “Congratulations to the York community on a wonderful effort. Please help York fill in the ‘Y’ with red. Pledge cards received up to Jan. 12, 2007 will be counted toward the University’s campaign goal.”
The final draw for prizes has taken place and the winners are:
|Margaret Beare||IPod Nano||$250||Tri-Tech Electrical Contractors|
|Michael Morris||Rogers Cup Semifinals – 2 tickets||$200||Office of the President|
|Jean Levy||Rogers Cup – 2 Gold Session Tickets||$170||Tennis Canada|
|Joylyn Bogle||Utensil Set||$100||Automatic Compactors|
|Don Dippo||Car Care Kit||$100||Facilities Services|
|Patrick Dymond||Sport York Prize Pack||$30||Sport York|
|Edwina Scott||Sport York Prize Pack||$30||Sport York|
|Liliana Guadagnoli||Sport York Prize Pack||$30||Sport York|
|Grace Randell||York Lanes Gift Certificate||$25||YUDC|
“Special thanks to everyone who participated in and/or organized a special event,” said Chateau. “The spirit and generosity of the York University community has been tremendous.”
Events organized by the York University community in support of the 2006 United Way Campaign include:
- The President’s Pancake Breakfast – $742.31
- Pumpkin Carving, Dart Board, Silent Auction (Osgoode) – $2,188.45
- Atkinson Bazaar – $320.05
- Atkinson Toy Drive – Over 1,000 items donated
- Car Wash – $225
- Clothing Swap – $350.10
- Cup-A-Soup Week – $2,193.31
- Various Activities organized by the Department of Economics, Faculty of Arts – $200
- Various Activities organized by the Registrar Office, Student Services – $1,090.33
- Casual Fridays, Office of the Dean, Faculty of Arts – $155
The United Way of Greater Toronto is having a 50th Anniversary Prize Draw. Members of the York community who submitted a donation pledge card will receive ballots to enter a draw to win one of three great prizes including:
- One grand prize – 2006 Chevrolet Optra (approx. $20,000 value)
- One second prize – A Sony NVU70 nav-u portable navigation device (approx. $499.00 value)
- One third prize – A Sony DSCT10 Cyber-shot Digital Camera (approx. $449.99 value)
The contest starts Dec. 1, and ends Jan. 31, 2007. Visit the United Way of Greater Toronto Web site for details and complete contest rules. York’s Office of Ceremonials, Special Events & Community Relations will be distributing a ballot to each individual who submitted a pledge card donation.
There is still time to make your donation to support the 2006 York University United Way Campaign. If you are need of a pledge card, contact York’s United Way Campaign Co-Chairs Danielle Chateau at ext. 55597 or email@example.com, or Sue Levesque at ext. 77529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pledge cards for the 2006 campaign will be accepted until Jan. 12, 2007. Have your donation included in York’s total and keep filling the “Y” with red.
Visit the United Way of Greater Toronto Web site to learn more about the campaign and the people who benefit from the organization.