Do gas prices leave you fuming? If so, check out the Smart Commute-Black Creek Web site.
York University and Smart Commute-Black Creek (SC-BC) are working together to increase and improve transportation options to campus. SC-BC offers a free ride-matching program that helps the York community form carpools.
According to the Canadian Automobile Association, the average yearly cost to operate a car can be as much as $9,000, or nearly $25 per day. By sharing the ride to work with a neighbour or co-worker, you can significantly reduce the amount you spend on fuel, parking costs and vehicle maintenance. The more people you share your commute with, the more you save.
Please click here and simply click on the links to register yourself. The more people who sign up, the more carpool matches can be made!
Other tips for saving money on gas
- Join a York BUG (Bike User Group).
- Try taking public transit to work; even one day a week is 20 per cent savings.
- Avoid sitting in traffic. Ask about flextime or staggered work hours.
- Turn off your engine when stopped for longer than 10 seconds.
- Keep your car tuned up. Cars in poor running condition use more gasoline.
For more information on joining a carpool, a BUG, or transit routes contact Smart Commute-Black Creek, ext 70690 or firstname.lastname@example.org.