New College invites York community to 10th anniversary celebration
New College, one of York University’s nine colleges, will celebrate its 10th anniversary on Oct. 10. The special event will include an evening of music, appetizers, and a chance to mix and mingle with faculty, staff, students, alumni and campus partners.
New College was formed in 2009, when York University launched the new Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies (LA&PS), combining the strengths of the former Atkinson Faculty of Liberal & Professional Studies and the Faculty of Arts.
The 10th anniversary event will include staff and faculty from past and present, including:
- J.J. McMurtry, interim dean of LA&PS;
- Lucy Fromowitz, vice-provost students;
- Carol McAulay, vice-president finance and administration;
- Gary Spraakman, former master of New College;
- Marie-Helénè Budworth, former master of New College;
- Christian Marjollet, former head of New College; and
- Vanessa Pichelli, alumna.
As part of the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, New College serves students in Administrative Studies (BCom), Information Technology (ITEC), Human Resource Management (HRM), and Disaster & Emergency Management (DEM).
This free event is open to all members of the York community. Light refreshments will be provided. To register, visit yorku.ca/newcol/forms/view.php?id=130.
The event takes place from 5 to 8 p.m. in the Harry Crowe Room, 109 Atkinson Building.