Faculty of Health awards students for academic success, leadership
A handful of the 9,500 enrolled in York University’s Faculty of Health were recognized June 6 at the Faculty of Health Awards celebration, where students were applauded for their success.
The Faculty of Health is York University’s second largest Faculty with close to 10,000 students and five degree programs (Kinesiology & Health Science, Psychology, Nursing, Health Studies, and Global Health). More than 2,000 students graduate from the Faculty each year.
The awards recognize students for achievements in academic success, as well as outstanding leadership.
“Success, recognition and membership come with responsibilities. Your award should not be the pinnacle of your career; rather, it is an indication of your potential to achieve even greater things. We are counting on you to become tomorrow’s local, national and global leaders in health and health care,” said Faculty of Health Dean Paul McDonald.
This year’s award recipients are listed below. Visit the Flickr gallery to view photos from the event.
Masters’ Awards for Academic Excellence
- Calumet College – Shalyn Isaacs
- Stong College – Nader Chaya, Tegan Duncan, Benjamin Yat-Heng Ng, Mehran Nejad Mansouri and Eric Mokri
- Lily D’Urzo Scholarship – Kevin Vuong
- Sammy Graduate Scholarship for Autism Research – Victoria Chan
- Frances and Frederic Robinson Undergraduate Nursing Award – Ashley Baker, Shukri Dahir and Linda Tran
- Jacqueline McCarthy Award – Kristina Khatib and Rae Morris
- Skinner Agents of Change Leadership Awards – Yasmin Al-Sahili, Nader Chaya, Nida Hashimi and Ambreen Sayani
- Dr. Eric Jackman LaMarsh Student Award – Karen Black, Bianca Bondia, Kayla Hamel, Victoria Larocca, Julia Riddell and Cassandra Stevenson
- President Emeritus Mamdouh Shoukri International Award for Global Health – Eniola Adeyemi
Silver Medal for Academic Merit
- (2017-2018) – Maryam Samani
- (2018-2019) – David Herman
Silver Medal for Outstanding Leadership
- Ilia Azari
- Shalyn Isaacs
Gold Medal for Academic Excellence and Outstanding Leadership
- David Herman