Rogers Cup parking and traffic restrictions begin Friday, Aug. 3
The 2018 Rogers Cup tennis tournament will take place at the Aviva Centre, York University, from Saturday, Aug. 4 to Sunday, Aug. 12. While every effort is made to minimize disruption to regular operations, the following parking and traffic modifications will be in effect:
York parking permit holders
- Permit holders in the Shoreham Drive lot will be relocated to the Arboretum Lane parking garage from Friday, Aug. 3 until Tuesday, Aug. 14 (inclusive).
- Permit holders in the Founders East reserved lot will be relocated to the Founders West reserved lot from Saturday, Aug. 4 until Sunday, Aug. 12.
- Permit holders for all other lots or garages will not be relocated but may experience longer entry and exit wait times due to tournament arrangements.
York visitor/short-term parking
During the tennis tournament period, visitor and short-term parking will be available in the following lots/garages/roadways for the York community at the current rates:
- Vanier lot
- York Lanes parking garage
- Atkinson lot
- Atkinson Road
- Passy Crescent
- Assiniboine Road
- Fine Arts Road
- Physical Resources Building South visitor lot
- Thompson Road lot
- Kinsmen lot
- Lumbers lot
- Seneca Lane
- Student Services parking garagee (limited to YU-card holders)
Patrons who normally park in Founders Road East visitor lot may park in Thompson Road lot at the regular Founders Road East visitor lot maximum rate of $10.
There will be no short-term/visitor parking available in the following lots/garages:
- Arboretum Lane parking garage
- Founders Road East visitor lot
Rogers Cup reserved parking
The following parking lots/garages will be used for Rogers Cup parking pass holders:
- Shoreham Drive lot
- Arboretum Lane parking garage
- Student Services parking garage
- Pond Road Lot
- Founders Road West lot
- Founders Road East lot
- Albany Road lot
- Sentinel Road lot
Rogers Cup patrons and participants are required to display valid Rogers Cup parking passes to access these lots/garages. With the exception of Shoreham Drive lot, these lots will be occupied for this event from 7 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 4 until Sunday, Aug. 12 at midnight.
Shoreham Drive lot will be closed for this event from Friday, Aug. 3 at 5 a.m. until Tuesday, Aug. 14 at noon.
Please note that valet parking for the tournament will be off campus at the Pioneer Village parking lot.
Cash pay-on-entry tournament parking
During the tournament period, lots designated for Rogers Cup event cash parking will charge a flat fee of $20 daily. The lots designated for Rogers Cup event cash parking are as follows:
- Founders Road East visitor and reserved lots
- Shoreham lot – for vehicles with valid accessibility placards.
Traffic restrictions on campus
The following road restriction will be in place daily from 9 a.m. to midnight from Saturday, Aug. 4 to Sunday, Aug. 12, inclusive:
- Shoreham Drive between Murray Ross Parkway and Ian Macdonald Boulevard/The Pond Road, both eastbound and westbound
For more information or if any special parking arrangements are required, contact Parking Services at ext. 55335.