Hire a student: Call for summer 2017 Work/Study position submissions
Student Financial Services is pleased to announce the call for position requests for the summer 2017 Work/Study program.
Work/Study positions are available at both the Keele and Glendon campuses, and allow York undergraduate students to earn extra money, gain valuable experience and contribute to University life.
The program encompasses the following four categories:
- the RAY program (Research at York) enhances the research culture of the University and the undergraduate student academic experience – students can gain valuable research experience from faculty or senior/graduate students while receiving compensation at a competitive rate;
- the YES (York Engaged Students) program supports high-profile contributions and engagement activities on campus that are focused on such things as peer mentoring, ambassadorship and advising;
- the CLAY (College Life at York) program focuses on enhancing the student experience within the college system; and
- the Work/Study program offers a broad range of opportunities that allow students to acquire the administrative/technical skills and knowledge needed to prepare them for the working world.
To be eligible for the summer Work/Study program, undergraduate students must meet the following criteria:
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person;
- Ontario resident;
- either registered full-time for the summer session (minimum 60 per cent course load or 40 per cent for students with disabilities) or registered as a full-time student in the preceding winter term and returning to full-time studies in the following fall term;
- demonstrate financial need, via the Student Financial Profile; and
- meet the specific skills and experience requirements set by the hiring department.
Effective immediately, interested units or departments may submit job requests on the Career Centre online job posting system. A separate job posting must be submitted for each position requested. The deadline for entering job requests is Friday, March 24, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered. Position decisions will be sent by email no later than Friday, April 7, 2017. Approved positions will be eligible for partial reimbursement of wages, assuming all conditions have been met.
More information about these employment programs, including how to submit a job posting, can be found on the Employment Administrator’s website. Inquiries pertaining to the CLAY, YES and Work/Study programs should be directed to email@example.com; inquiries pertaining to the RAY program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.